Who We Are
CHPs for QLD is a not-for-profit, member-led organisation that:
- Creates an inclusive forum for Community Housing Providers (CHPs) thoughout Queensland to connect and collaborate in a supportive framework, regardless of their size or location.
- Assists CHPs to access opportunities to articulate their views and priorities to Government and other sector stakeholders, share information in a clear and unbiased way, and ensure the views of its members are considered when major changes and opportunities present themselves.
- Supports individual members to realise mutual aims of enhancing the supply of high quality, appropriate and affordable housing suited to the needs of Queenslanders from all walks of life.
CHPs for QLD is a company limited by guarantee, governed by a Board of Directors who are elected for two (2) year terms at the Annual General Meeting. The CHPs for QLD Board includes CEOs, General Managers, and senior staff from Member organisations. The Board aims to reflect the diversity of the sector, with representation from:
- Tiers 1,2 & 3 of the National Regulatory System, and
- Regional and Metro Queensland.
CHPs for QLD’s constitution and organisational framework aims to support all Members to participate in the opportunities and changes affecting the sector, now and into the future.